Monday, April 15, 2013

The Joker

This print actually went VERY fast from concept to final, I finished it within a day (not bad considering my speed, something I've been working on.)  I wanted to incorporate some graphic touches to the clothing and the overall shapes.  My model was Joker from "Batman:  The Animated Series."  Me being me, I still wanted to make sure there was a good amount of rendering in the face.  I'm hoping the hybrid of the two works well for everyone.  It's very hard for me to walk away from pieces like this, one of the many reasons I'm glad I have my girlfriend Jessica (my partner in crime with Studio TinLock) looking over my shoulder at my work station.  I'm learning it's important to maintain a good energy with pieces like this; it feels fast, and that's what I like most about it.  Even though it's hard to take a break from original work, I'm enjoying the challenge of working with characters I like in styles I'm interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment